And here's the finished coat.
First I decided that I wanted exposed seams along the princess lines of both front and back but the side and center back seams would be normal
I new the lapels had to show the denim on the outside so I drew the roll line , cut along it, added a seam allowance to both the lapel and the front ..
When I sewed the two together, I realized the lapel was too scanty.
I had to recut it and this time I added another 5/8" to the lapel and that was much better. When I added the collar, I decided to leave out the collar band and that worked just fine.
Now about the exposed seams and as you've probably noticed the outside finish of the collar ,center front,hem , cuffs and belt.
First thing was to separate the denim from the fur on all edges. This was time consuming and hard for a woman who has sore thumbs but it was worth it.Then I trimmed away about 1/2" of the denim.
I then top stitched using a zigzag stitch 2.5 wide and 2.5 long. My awl really came in handy for this step.
For the hem and cuffs. I met with a problem at every seam that was sewn the regular way. These pictures show how I dealt with that.
I clipped,trimmed away the denim.
then turned up the hem and top stitched in place
The pocket on this pattern are in seam. Here is how I managed the opening.The exposed fur was a challenge here!
Since the belt ended up quite wide, instead of belt loops, I sewed it at center back like this.
As for buttonholes, I forgot to take pictures but I used a sort of bound buttonholes which left a bit to be desired.
And that's it.My daughter loves her trench and it fits her beautifully.