This pattern fit very well out of the envelope but I did tweak it a bit.
I found the boat neck too wide on my narrow shoulders and as the space between the armhole and the neckline was very narrow, I decided to not make my usual NSA. Instead , this is what I did.
I really dislike how neck facings have a tendency to roll to the outside in many garments even after understitching. The method I'm describing here wouldn't work for the sleeveless version of this dress.
I drew a facing that include the upper part of the armhole for both front and back.
I cut it out of the dress fabric
I stitched it to the neckline, understitched it, trimmed the seam allowance and turned it to the inside .
I then sewed it to the armhole before I put in the sleeves.
That's all there is to it and the neck facing stays put. I love it!
And in case you're curious, here's the dress in the photos above.
Thanks for stopping by.
More later from,